1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need prostho advise!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by icecoffee, Jun 19, 2008.

1. icecoffee

Pre-Dental
    I'm a prostho freak. Love hands on lab-work. Every aspect of prosthodontics (removable, complete, fixed, implants…etc) has been music to my ears in dental school.

Now. dan dan dan da~~ time to apply for prostho
    don't care where i go. as long as i could get good training

any advise which school has great programs???
    ( i know it all depends on curiculum, my effort..i read all the post)
    but you know...from resident standpoint ..did u guys get enough training..would you apply to that school again? that kinda stuff...

i'm applying - umb, ucsf,ucla, ut-san antoino

don't have a clue where to go...

#1 icecoffee, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. elievictor

Dentist
    Hi
    Try BU Prosthodontic Master Programm.
    Apply for trainings in Cad/Cam dentistry.
    As Cerec 3 user and trainer I encourage you to perform your knowledge in this wonderfull tool.
    ElieVictor

4. icecoffee

Pre-Dental
    BU? okay~ i was wondering did u do a program there? i heard
    it's a little expensive there.. was it a positive experience?
    and i agree with cad/cam. it's a big step foward for dentistry.
    I haven't used it in dental school yet but looking forward to master it. :love:

chao~~

5. Dante60

Dante60 Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm two weeks into my first year of Prosth at Tufts and I'm going to tell you it's a LOT of work. I'm in the lab now working. Very busy. I LOVE it though. there's so much to know. So much to learn and so much reading to do.

You have to be 100% sure though. I can see why so many people think this is a drag but for me I look forward to coming to school every day.

My advise is to contact the residents at the programs you're applying to and see what the strengths and weaknesses are. Pick and choose where you're going to go carefully. Make sure you're exposed to everything. Removable, fixed, implants, etc. I'd recommend finding a program where you'll be doing your own lab work - it really helps you think about a case not just from a clinical aspect but also a lab and functional aspect!

Hope this helps.
    Mo.