Need prostho advise!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icecoffee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a prostho freak. Love hands on lab-work. Every aspect of prosthodontics (removable, complete, fixed, implants…etc) has been music to my ears in dental school.

Now. dan dan dan da~~ time to apply for prostho
don't care where i go. as long as i could get good training

any advise which school has great programs???
( i know it all depends on curiculum, my effort..i read all the post)
but you know...from resident standpoint ..did u guys get enough training..would you apply to that school again? that kinda stuff...

i'm applying - umb, ucsf,ucla, ut-san antoino

don't have a clue where to go...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi
Try BU Prosthodontic Master Programm.
Apply for trainings in Cad/Cam dentistry.
As Cerec 3 user and trainer I encourage you to perform your knowledge in this wonderfull tool.
ElieVictor

Hi
Try BU Prosthodontic Master Programm.
Apply for trainings in Cad/Cam dentistry.
As Cerec 3 user and trainer I encourage you to perform your knowledge in this wonderfull tool.
ElieVictor

BU? okay~ i was wondering did u do a program there? i heard
it's a little expensive there.. was it a positive experience?
and i agree with cad/cam. it's a big step foward for dentistry.
I haven't used it in dental school yet but looking forward to master it. :love:

chao~~

I'm two weeks into my first year of Prosth at Tufts and I'm going to tell you it's a LOT of work. I'm in the lab now working. Very busy. I LOVE it though. there's so much to know. So much to learn and so much reading to do.

You have to be 100% sure though. I can see why so many people think this is a drag but for me I look forward to coming to school every day.

My advise is to contact the residents at the programs you're applying to and see what the strengths and weaknesses are. Pick and choose where you're going to go carefully. Make sure you're exposed to everything. Removable, fixed, implants, etc. I'd recommend finding a program where you'll be doing your own lab work - it really helps you think about a case not just from a clinical aspect but also a lab and functional aspect!

Hope this helps.
Mo.