Need School List Guidance! - 3.89/515 Service Focused App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scpm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good list and should receive several interviews from your target schools. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Seton Hall
Drexel
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan

Reactions: 1 user
You have a good list and should receive several interviews from your target schools. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Seton Hall
Drexel
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Thank you so much!! I looked at Drexel too but forgot to add it, will def check out the others

Members don't see this ad :)
boosting in case i get more responses

!! PLEASE do not copy this in responses because I'm worried this will identify me super easily, I'm gonna delete it once I get some guidance !!

@Goro Thank you if you get the chance to go over this!
Here is amore realistic list:

UCSD
U MI
USF Morsani
UCSF
U IA
U ILL
U MA
SUNY-SB
Mt Sinai
U VA
Mayo (maybe)
Case (maybe)
NYU-LI
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
BU
Pitt
U WI
U Cincy
U CO
U VM
OH State
UCF
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Creighton
Tulane
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD

Here is amore realistic list:

UCSD
U MI
USF Morsani
UCSF
U IA
U ILL
U MA
SUNY-SB
Mt Sinai
U VA
Mayo (maybe)
Case (maybe)
NYU-LI
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
BU
Pitt
U WI
U Cincy
U CO
U VM
OH State
UCF
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Creighton
Tulane
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD

Thank you so much Goro!! I really appreciate it & will research these schools in more detail.

Thank you so much Goro!! I really appreciate it & will research these schools in more detail.
Yeah I think s/he’s getting at the fact that your reaches are too unrealistic. T10 schools are probably out of reach with a 515/3.89. I would suggest cutting all those reaches and instead consider more reasonable reaches with a 516-518/3.8-3.9 range like: Rochester, Pitt, Michigan, BU, Hofstra, USC, Cincy, OH St, etc—most of which @Goro already suggested.

Yeah I think s/he’s getting at the fact that your reaches are too unrealistic. T10 schools are probably out of reach with a 515/3.89. I would suggest cutting all those reaches and instead consider more reasonable reaches with a 516-518/3.8-3.9 range like: Rochester, Pitt, Michigan, BU, Hofstra, USC, Cincy, OH St, etc—most of which @Goro already suggested.

Thank you so much! When using stats to decide what's realistic, would you consider applying where my MCAT is near the 10th percentile a waste of time? So many of those T10 are close to my state which is why I was hoping I could still give it a shot.

Thank you so much! When using stats to decide what's realistic, would you consider applying where my MCAT is near the 10th percentile a waste of time? So many of those T10 are close to my state which is why I was hoping I could still give it a shot.
Tbh, I think the 10th percentile is too optimistic. As an ORM, you should at least be above the 25th percentile. I am definitely a pessimist when it comes to this process, but I am pretty confident that avoiding those 9 reach schools will save you a lot of time—not to mention the extra $1000.

Sincerely,
515/3.82 ORM 2020 matriculant who only received IIs from schools with 513/3.8 or lower

Last edited: