Need Sincere and Honest Advice urgently please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indyraji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am Canadian with a BDS from India graduated in 2001, Trying to get into Dental school since 2002, have cleared Part 1 with 86% and Part 2 with 75% marks. In addition attended a 3-month preceptorship program at UCLA in 2005. TOEFL/IBT score 102, GPA 3.25.

Please advice which Universities should I apply to?
Do I need to improve my score?
Do I have a shot or need to wait until I have a better score?

Please help me out, Thanks a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Well that is a very tricky question. I will tell u y.
There are people with 86 and less & lesser GPA than yrs who have got in school and people with 87 and more & greater GPA than yrs who didnot.
After stating this fact if you think you still have a question I could help u with, go ahead.......DJ

well,i agree with dj to a certain extent!but itz better to retake ur nbde 1 and 2...and improve on your scores...!a score of 75 in part2 wont land u anywhere!trust me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey indyraji,
first and foremost.. well done in getting through both parts! however, from the looks of things, the competition is very fierce, so it might be a suggestion to try those parts again, as everyone above has suggested.
you have a good GPA score. i am not sure whehter they look at specific grades for certain subjects, but i thought it was an overall score they look at as they cannot evaluate one prosthodontics course (for instance) from india with another prosthodontics score/course from another country. hence, they assume you are competent enough in prosthodontics and your school evaluated you well. therefore, i would not be worried about the "C" score you got, as your overall GPA is fairly good.
hope this helps.
regards..

indyraji said:
I am Canadian with a BDS from India graduated in 2001, Trying to get into Dental school since 2002, have cleared Part 1 with 86% and Part 2 with 75% marks. In addition attended a 3-month preceptorship program at UCLA in 2005. TOEFL/IBT score 102, GPA 3.25.

Please advice which Universities should I apply to?
Do I need to improve my score?
Do I have a shot or need to wait until I have a better score?

Please help me out, Thanks a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:

apply to Univ of CO. they do not look only at scores. they look at what u have been doing since graduation. if u have a nic hand and good dental experience, u'll get intoit. i have excellent scores but tooka 2 yr break to raise my son-they did not seem to like that.

Hey,
My suggestion would be to retake your part-1 coz I know its really hard to repeat both the parts and also u can also appy to many schools with a better part-1 alone. Hope this helps...