yungspleen

5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2014
North Carolina
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So I need 5 classes to graduate. I was going to take 3 this quarter, and wait to see which, if any, med school I got into. Then, next quarter I would take my last two requirements and then take organic chemistry lab if the school that accepted me required it, or just take a general ed class if the school doesn't have orgo lab as a requirement. However, I'm now realizing two things:

1. Although I was complete fairly early in the cycle, I still may not hear a decision until after winter quarter has started

2. My last few classes I need are pretty easy general ed classes that I could just take pass/fail. So I could take 5 classes this quarter without it being too much of an issue and save a lot of money.

So my question is, if I graduate after this quarter and decide on a school that does require orgo lab, what would my options be?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
if you are lucky youmifht be able to get it in a CC summer term. the risk of course is you cant squeeze it in and you cant matriculate. I would suggest you take it spring/winter, whether you are still a student at your school or pick it up elsewhere

OP
Y

yungspleen

5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2014
North Carolina
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
if you are lucky youmifht be able to get it in a CC summer term. the risk of course is you cant squeeze it in and you cant matriculate. I would suggest you take it spring/winter, whether you are still a student at your school or pick it up elsewhere
Thank you for the advice. So you think it wouldn't be an issue if I took it over spring at a CC if I were already accepted? I'm not sure how many schools have a problem with CC prereqs.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
you will have to check each school that you apply to. Most schools do not have an absolute ban on CC courses but rather they makes a strong recommendation for 4 year schools. At the point you take it, you are past the evaluation point that it will matter. You are fine in doing this