Need some advice (Any Pitt or University of Colorado-Denver people out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ripsta

dog zero.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, I seek your advice. UC is the only school that has accepted me so far. It isn't my number one choice but after being accepted, I intensely researched it and discovered how great of a school it is. It seems like the more research I do the more impressive the school becomes. The only problem is when I interviewed at Pitt, I really liked it (Michigan was originally my #1 choice but after being waitlisted twice and now being place in their middle tier waitlist, I figured they don't want me as much as I want them; hence, I gave up on that). I wasn't too fond of the students I interact with, but I liked the city of Pittsburgh. Furthemore, I think attending medical school in a metropolitan area would be great. UC was recently relocated to Aurora, and I feel like I won't experience much of the city life there. I have been considering writing a letter of intent to Pittsburgh, but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want to do. For some reason, my gut says to go to UC, but I feel like I would enjoy the city of Pittsburgh a lot more. Anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If so, I seek your advice. UC is the only school that has accepted me so far. It isn't my number one choice but after being accepted, I intensely researched it and discovered how great of a school it is. It seems like the more research I do the more impressive the school becomes. The only problem is when I interviewed at Pitt, I really liked it (Michigan was originally my #1 choice but after being waitlisted twice and now being place in their middle tier waitlist, I figured they don't want me as much as I want them; hence, I gave up on that). I wasn't too fond of the students I interact with, but I liked the city of Pittsburgh. Furthemore, I think attending medical school in a metropolitan area would be great. UC was recently relocated to Aurora, and I feel like I won't experience much of the city life there. I have been considering writing a letter of intent to Pittsburgh, but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want to do. For some reason, my gut says to go to UC, but I feel like I would enjoy the city of Pittsburgh a lot more. Anyone have any advice?

I'm on the upper 1/3 waitlist at UC and I doubt i'll be able to afford it if I get in (OOS), but the school is incredible. I love Denver, too. The thing is, you'll spend most of your time in class or at home studying, and when you want to get out, Denver is right there. So unless you're craving street traffic noise in the middle of the night, I think UC would probably suit you just fine (not really knowing anything about you, of course). But if you get into Pitt, that's a great school, too!

I'm also OOS, but I'm going to ignored the costs for now :/