Need some advice, hit a plateau

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taimaisu24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 9 days out from my exam and I've been focusing on just doing questions from USMLE Rx but it seems like I've hit a plateau in terms of improvement in answering questions. I was wondering should I continue to do questions or should I spend more time reviewing concepts and studying my notes? Thanks for your suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

Focus on UWorld & NBME, Rx questions are tend not to focus on high yield concepts (but are better than Kaplan). Other than that, drill in on your weak areas, redo the questions you got wrong til you fully understand the concepts.

Take a half day or a night off and just relax, try not to think about any studying, when you come back you will feel like you mind is refreshed...

As far as I have known, UWorld is the closest simulation to what the real exam would be like. In terms of question content, style and interface. But that is a little too late for now.

Having gone through USMLE Rx questions, you probably have been able to pinpoint your weaknesses. Work on them and on consolidating your concepts. Remember to take a day or two before the exam to chill. Oh and, get a good night's sleep before the exam.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i would say: see which sections you need some brushing up on based on your performance in the q banks and focus on those for a few more days then go back to panstudying

would goin through Uworld second time be helpful if test is in 9 days?

I think that solving questions is always helpful; particularly if you are using a tool like UWorld. It is both a self-assessment and learning tool. So, whether your aim is to test yourself overall or consolidate weak concepts, it will help you either way.

All the best!

In your last few days, I think it's really worthwhile to make a full pass through FA. Anything else should be supplemental. That way you can be sure that everything is fresh in your mind.