karthik44

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
Hello Group,

I am a Pharmacy graduate from India and have more than a year experience in clinical research working as a clinical data manager. I am now in the US and am researching programs that are related to the clinical research field. Would an MPH program with a dual concentration in say epidemiology and biostats be the ideal program to consider for the clinical research field? I need advice as I don't know much about this program. Please help me out!!

Karthik

OP
K

karthik44

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
Hello all,

Could anyone help me out with this...i also need some help with the essays..even the slighest of help would be really appreciated. :)

cosmo89

Naveen
10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
www.mphforums.com
Status
karthik44 said:
Hello all,

Could anyone help me out with this...i also need some help with the essays..even the slighest of help would be really appreciated. :)

Karthik,

Epi and biostat programs are both cliical and non clinical oriented. You have to decide what you are going to do before you talk to the program advisor .There are advanced epi courses that offer clinical research study. Once you get into a basic epi or biostat program, you need to take advanced courses to improve your expertise in that area. Basic public health courses include, bio, epi,health care in the US,env. sci, soc and behaviorl issues.The rest are electives and that is based on your interest.To get more information go to Mphforums.com