Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

car123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For starters, I'm a Canadian Medical Student. My Step 1 score is 231/96 and my med school is based on pass/fail for all 4 years. We do not have AOA/honors etc. I have 2 journal publications and several published abstracts.

I'm not as well informed about the various internal medical programs in the states, but was wondering if someone could at least tell me what programs would be competitive for me - or where I would have a chance of being successful in securing an interview. Seeing, that I'm from a Canadian med school that in itself might be a disadvantage as not many american schools know much about candian schools - however all our schools are LCME accredited. Moreover, what schools would be considered out of my grasp - and which ones would be attainable?

I was looking into schools within the northeast part of US, especially NYC - which I know would be competitive.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Any helpful comments would be really appreciated...?

There are so many programs out there, it's hard to say. Don't undersell your canadian school -- I expect that most programs (esp those in the north) will not have any concerns. Your Step 1 is great. You're likely to get interviews from major university programs.