AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2009
Hi all,

I just took AAMC 7 and up to now I have been getting scores in the bottom 30's. For the most part my sections are balanced as of now, not scoring super high on one section over the other. My exam is on May 24th and I am wondering whether to postpone or not. My goal is to get my score up to the 35+ range. I want to hear from anyone who maybe achieved this sort of gain in the time period that I am talking about. It seems to me that 3 or 4 more questions correct on each science section could get me there, but I do not know why it seems so impossible sometimes :/

OP
A

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2009
p.s

On each section I am not finishing on time sometimes leaving the entire passage or 3 or 4 questions of it unfinished so I straight guess.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Hi all,

I just took AAMC 7 and up to now I have been getting scores in the bottom 30's. For the most part my sections are balanced as of now, not scoring super high on one section over the other. My exam is on May 24th and I am wondering whether to postpone or not. My goal is to get my score up to the 35+ range. I want to hear from anyone who maybe achieved this sort of gain in the time period that I am talking about. It seems to me that 3 or 4 more questions correct on each science section could get me there, but I do not know why it seems so impossible sometimes :/
I think you can get an increase of 2-3 in that 3-week you have left, but 5+ points is unlikely unless the day you take it is your lucky day...

OP
A

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2009
I think you can get an increase of 2-3 in that 3-week you have left, but 5+ points is unlikely unless the day you take it is your lucky day...
How would you recommend about doing this? Just practice? I think I get better timing down then I can hit the 2-3 point increase. Also I know I have some content left to improve on in Bio for sure. However, I am just wondering whether I can get it done by May 24th. Plus I have to choose if I want to reschedule by May 10th I believe.

Dec 23, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Take a nice, deep 5 second breath with your eyes closed before each section. This will easily improve your score.

Descarteo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Boston
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi all,

This is exactly my problem at the moment. People have advised going over content material and/or post-phasing, but when I review my questions, I find that a good number of my incorrect answers are due to negligence (mostly with EXCEPT questions), misunderstanding the questions, not understanding the passage, panicking while doing calculations, being excessively time conscious...and a lot more.

As to how to solve this problem, I'm still working on that...

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tied to a library chair
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You should not have to skip or guess on an entire passage in every science section.

That's why you're losing all those points. If you've already taken so many AAMC's you should not be running out of time for an entire passage.

OP
A

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2009
Yea i was hoping my timing would have been improved by now. Just took a kaplan full length 6 and the physical sciences was ridiculous...impossible to finish on time. Then again the curve is a joke though. you can miss 15 and get a 12 while on the aamc i missed 8 and got an 11