Need some good advice/tips here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leric90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! It seems the past few months the mcat thread has been my virtual home.

I just took the J26th mcat, and my feelings are not so good about it - I marked about 12 on the physical sciences (leaving 2 blank), 7 on the verbal and 12 on the biological sciences section.

The past aamc's I've been scoring above 35, specifically over 12 on the physical sciences but on this mcat - i'm not sure if i even got a 9... crossing fingers

I usually score around a 12-13 on the verbal so that's not the problem but for bio it wavers in the 10-11 range. I know that I should definitely be able to raise this score, considering i'm a bio/neuro major! lol

This semester I'm taking 21 credits (biochem), 1 research and volunteering about 12 hours a week - but I still have my saturdays to study and the various breaks and holidays.

Previously I used TBR for physics and genchem, EK101 for verbal and EK and my background knowledge for bio (considering I just took cell bio, genetics, and am taking biochem now).

What do you think the best way to improve my biological sciences score is? I have so much motivation right now to do even better :)

Members don't see this ad.

Wait until you actually get your score. Then you can think about re-taking.

If you really want to do something in the meantime, focus on your classes. Understanding biochem is not needed for the current MCAT, but can be very helpful.

Wait until you actually get your score. Then you can think about re-taking.

If you really want to do something in the meantime, focus on your classes. Understanding biochem is not needed for the current MCAT, but can be very helpful.

Agreed! Do not think about it for now. MANY people report feeling terribly after the exam but still receive excellent scores. Try not to stress about it for now (really hard, I know), and wait and see what you get. I didn't feel nearly as good about mine as I did on any of the practice tests and still received the average of all my tests. You may be pleasantly surprised.