Need some guidance HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knicks17

"First Pakistani-American Surgeon General?"
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN forum, so I am taking orgo 1 this semester do you guys have any tips and suggestions to do very well in the class from personal experience? Secondly I have interview offers for volunteer positions at Nyc Hospice and New york Presbyterian Colombia Hospital they are both clinical but I am stuck between choosing one since i can fit only one into my schedule?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

1) learn the WHY behind each mechanism, make categories based on the logic of the mechanism, and practice until you feel like vomitting.
2) what would you do in either position?

Hospice I will be helping the nurses to flip over the patient or picking up various things and comforting the terminally ill. At Colombia its the same thing exept that the patients are ill or hurt in the emergency room

Members don't see this ad :)
know that orgo is not a memorization class, but DO know (and understand) the reactions

OP, I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those positions. You may get to see more aspects of medicine in the hospital (and may even find some docs to shadow), but hospice could potentially be a more touching experience in my opinion. Go to the interviews and see which one you think you'd enjoy more.

Alright thanks guys!