Need some help from you guys!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone? Good medical schools to apply to?!?

Thanks

I think we need a bit more info about your preferences, as well as your state of residence. Do you care about grading (pass/no pass vs. A, B, C, etc.)? Do you work well in small groups? Do you like lectures?

Members don't see this ad :)
Need more info, what state are you from, what area of the country do you want to live in? Best place to start looking is at the book store, pick up a copy of Princeton Reviews "Complete Book of Medical Schools" and read through the profiles to narrow down your search.

deleted

Last edited:
Apply to all NY schools: SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Upstate, Stony Brook, NYMC, Albany, Albert Einstein, University of Rochester, NYU, Mount Sinai, Columbia, Cornell. The last few are more difficult to get into, so maybe add them until after you get your MCAT score. But, as I've learned from this process, admission is very random, so there is no harm in having some reach schools.

Random schools:
Wake Forest, George Washington, Georgetown, Loyola, Temple, Drexel, Penn State, Jefferson, Boston University, Tufts, Tulane, Emory, Saint Louis, Medical College of Wisconsin, Ohio State, Brown, U Vermont

Also, you should buy the MSAR. Do your research. See what you're looking for in a school and rank what's most important to you. This includes:

-grading system
-research power
-facilities
-clinical focus
-match lists
-rotation years (where are clinicals done?)
-ah yes, and last but certainly not the least (haha), the COST

deleted

Last edited:
Creighton isn't in New England. UConn, I think, accepts mostly in-staters. All other schools make sense.

deleted

Last edited:
I would consider Penn State, Temple, BU, and maybe a reach or two or three cause if you rock your MCAT you are solid.

deleted

Last edited:
drop marshall. huntington is not a nice city.

You didn't mention it before, but I'm guessing by your handle that you've had some military experience.... right? That looks very,very impressive and there shouldn't be a limit to what schools you can apply to.