Need some help, Gracias:)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeaAngel45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm trying to decide on what schools to add to the list or get rid of....

Stats
Illinois resident
3.34 gpa
34 MCAT
Good EC's

Instate schools
Rosalind Franklin University
University of Illinois
College of Medicine
Rush Medical College
Southern Illinois University
Loyola
U of Chicago
Finch

OOS schools
Iowa
Indiana Uni.
St. Louis Univ.
U Michigan
Midwestern
Temple
NYMC
Albany
Gerogetown
Tulane University
University of Kansas
George Washington

Thank you much in advance. :p

Members don't see this ad.

SeaAngel45 said:
Hey folks, I'm trying to decide on what schools to add to the list or get rid of....

Stats
Illinois resident
3.34 gpa
34 MCAT
Good EC's

Instate schools
Rosalind Franklin University
University of Illinois
College of Medicine
Rush Medical College
Southern Illinois University
Loyola
U of Chicago
Finch

OOS schools
Iowa
Indiana Uni.
St. Louis Univ.
U Michigan
Midwestern
Temple
NYMC
Albany
Gerogetown
Tulane University
University of Kansas
George Washington

Thank you much in advance. :p

Finch = Rosalind Franklin...It's the same school...also once known as Chicago Medical School.

You've covered all the Illinois MD schools, except Northwestern..may as well throw that in for good measure I suppose...

When I applied I did the seven in-state schools, then just a handful of the Big 10 schools from states nearby- Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin...

My stats were comparable to yours..very slightly lower mcat, slightly higher gpa..

jocg27 said:
Finch = Rosalind Franklin...It's the same school...also once known as Chicago Medical School.

You've covered all the Illinois MD schools, except Northwestern..may as well throw that in for good measure I suppose...

When I applied I did the seven in-state schools, then just a handful of the Big 10 schools from states nearby- Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin...

My stats were comparable to yours..very slightly lower mcat, slightly higher gpa..

Thanks, how did you fare in the process?

Members don't see this ad :)
SeaAngel45 said:
Thanks, how did you fare in the process?

Those were the schools I sent the primary apps to through amcas.

I did not complete the secondaries for Franklin, UChicago, Loyola, or SIU cuz I didn't really plan to attend those and, I dunno, just got lazy or something, so I can't tell you how I did there.

Of the applications I completed, I fared very well.