Need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DDS 1

Hi!
Please I would like to know what "mulling" means in dentistry. I will have Part 2 exam soon, in March. This is the only dent. term that I have no idea what it means.
Thanks and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
Please I would like to know what "mulling" means in dentistry. I will have Part 2 exam soon, in March. This is the only dent. term that I have no idea what it means.
Thanks and good luck to all!

mulling is the final kneading or mixing of amalgam after it has been triturated and excess mercury is expelled; usually performed manually.

Thanks for "mulling"! I knew it but in my native language. :D
I am studying after all released exams and books from my school of dentistry in Europe. Very good books, almost up-to-date with American curriculum!!!
Good luck to all!!! :luck:

HI,
mulling is the procedure which u do after squeezing out the mercury from an amalgam ...hmm i mean after mixing the powder and mercury in motar u will squeeze out the excess mercury rt and then u will just rub the mercury in the clot with ur thumb and index finger that is called mulling .hope u can understand with my explanation.i could help in my way of explanation.all the best for ur exam.GOODLUCK:thumbup: