Need some insight from any AD members who have applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PressPforPi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying next year, and I'm trying to figure out how much leave I'm going to need to take to accomplish my interviews. Would anyone mind sharing how many interviews they received? I'd rather avoid relying on PTDY as that's probably more likely to get denied. I'd like to save as much leave as possible so I can start terminal as soon as possible haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying next year, and I'm trying to figure out how much leave I'm going to need to take to accomplish my interviews. Would anyone mind sharing how many interviews they received? I'd rather avoid relying on PTDY as that's probably more likely to get denied. I'd like to save as much leave as possible so I can start terminal as soon as possible haha.
Depends on strength of your app, but figure 3 days per interview in case flights aren't perfect times 5-10 interviews

5-10? Ha. No.

The average MATRICULANT gets 3 interviews. The number an average applicant is offered isn't posted, but it's less than three obviously.

ImageUploadedBySDN1494737007.501676.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

I received a total of 6 interviews with half of my other applications incomplete due to an injury incurred during service. I went to 3 before I receive my first acceptance. If I wasn't injured, I would probably receive about 10-12 total IIs. The rule of thumb is that you should get at least 1 acceptance for every 3 IIs.

Most interviews are held on either a Friday or a Saturday FYI.

I received a total of 6 interviews with half of my other applications incomplete due to an injury incurred during service. I went to 3 before I receive my first acceptance. If I wasn't injured, I would probably receive about 10-12 total IIs. The rule of thumb is that you should get at least 1 acceptance for every 3 IIs.
Gotta keep those feet and knees together, airborne. (or is the p a different identifier?)