1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Need some insight...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by hockeypuck99, Nov 10, 2000.

1. hockeypuck99

hockeypuck99 New Member

Hello everyone, I just had an interview at KCOM a few days ago. I called to see if accepted but unfortunately I am on the wait list. Does anyone know anyone else who may have had a similar situation. If anyone has advice I will greatly appreciate.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Monkey

Monkey Member
    10+ Year Member

Man, that sucks. I'm sorry. I was put on the "Alternate List" last year. The only advice I can give you is this: Talk to them very candidly about what to do to improve your application. Go deeper than the cookie-cutter, "Well, taking a couple classes would certainly help." I talked to them about specific courses of action, specific programs, courses etc. and they were very helpful. Good luck, man. Who knows, maybe you'll luck out and get in later!!

4. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Why worry? It's so early in the process. Chances are a lot of people who have been accepted so far and who have also sent in their deposits will withdraw from the school before the start of classes next Fall.

Don't think about reapplication just yet. Think, instead, about what you will do between now and the day they call you and tell you you're accepted to make the AdCom give the seat to you rather than the next guy on the waitlist.

Tim of New York City.