Need some motivation folks... :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopelessdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
man...this is just givin me headache!!
I have been studying for a month now...I think I really finished the kaplan's stuff thoroughly...but when I trie dto take some tests, man I just mix up everything...because of this I just can't focus on one particular topic either bio, chem, pat or qr!!!

because of this I dont even feel like going for any full length tests now cuz I knew I won't have remembered all of this...

Do u think i should just go over all the kaplan's stuff again until it is outta my head? or should I just go do the full length even if i dont know some of the questions??

thanx everyone...

Members don't see this ad.

I think of it like this, if I score high enough on this test (I have a similiar GPA to you btw) then I save myself 20-40,000 dollars in post-bacc and a year of my life.

That should be pretty good motivation, it's working for me! Ask any of my friends who I havn't seen in 3 months ;)

Keep your head up. Just think it will be over soon. :)

repetition is the key to getting things down. you're not going to know everything by going over it just once

Members don't see this ad :)
Do questions. When you do questions you realize your weaknesses and you're able to at least put all that information you've been studying into context. I was able to remember all that jazz much more easily and efficiently by doing tons of calculations. For example...I was so surprised how I thought I knew and understood how to do the rate law calculations, but when I actually tried writing them out I'd have many problems. So I'd recommend breaking out many problems and push yourself to try and remember how to do them without immediately going back to your textbook for the answer. As a last resort, then you can brush up on the info. missed.

Well, you may or may not be in the same boat with me, but here is what I do to motivate myself. I realize that because I am in ROTC if I dont get into dental school I will probably end up Iraq next year. That does it for me and I rush back to the dat-cave to hit the books again. But that is just me.