DocHopful

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I am currently filling out secondaries to several schools. The problem is that when I was 17 I was cited for minor consumption of alcohol. It never went to court, the probation department basically said if you take this class we won't do anything about it. So, I took the class and it was done with. Basically, I am wondering if I should disclose this info to med schools. One of my secondaries asks if we have ever been charged with crimes even if dismissed. I live in a state where juvenile records are sealed and I am in the process of having the records expunged anyway. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do?

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
its better to be forthcoming...i know that some schools do background checks, and if they find out (i think that if it is totally removed, there will still be something saying that it was removed). if they find out later that you weren't totally honest, it could be bad.

Highclimber

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Status
this shouldn't be an issue... I wouldn't report it... essentially you were given a citation, not charged with a crime...

About the Ads