Need some prayers!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoubleDoctor

Ceder Dog's Daddy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my distant cousins (her grandma was my great-grandma's
sister) had a cerebral aneurysm rupture a few days ago. So had been out with her boyfriend and she pulled over while driving and told him that he would have to drive that she had an awful headache. When they got home and got out of the car, she fell and was unable to get up. She was paralyzed on the entire left side. They called 911 but by the time she got to the hospital she had a massive cerebral bleed. They did surgery and she was able to follow some real simple commands on the right for a few hours but now the cerebral edema has gotten real bad and she isn't expected to survive. She is only in her early 40's. It is real, real bad situation because her Mom isn't well and her Dad died of cancer about 2 months ago. The Mom is having a real hard time because she just lost her husband and now it looks like she will probably lose her daughter. I don't have any kids yet, but I can't imagine losing a child. It seems unbearable. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. Also I was thinking about Vixen and her family. Holidays are so hard. We're thinking about you Vixen. Let us know you are alright. We should all take time and be thankful for all our good fortune and great loved ones.

Members don't see this ad.

My heart goes out to them. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so sorry to hear that -- I'm praying for you and all others, including some close friends, whose families are sick right now.

May God this family and other peace and courage to deal at this moment of trial. Our paryers are with them.

Oh Lord that you would bless DblDoc & his family & Vixen indeed.

I will continue to pray for a breakthrough. Please let us know the results.

my thoughts and prayers are with the family and for you to give you the knowledge of what to say during this trying time

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the prayers and support and give a little update.

They found a blood clot in her leg to day and since she has the intracranial bleed and can't be heparinized, they put in a Greenfield filter and the procedure went well. ICP's are around 15 with sedation being weaned. Still on the vent but a little lighter neuro wise and the Neurosurgeon told her Mom today that although he had initally thought that there was little hope for survival, that today he is much more hopeful. Left side remains flaccid so recovery will be long if she survives but things are looking up a little so keep those thoughts and prayers coming please. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Mikdoc,

I am not a fanatic about religion but yes, I think prayer can work sometimes. I know the situation is bad and all we can really do is be supportive for her immediate family but hopefully they will get through this. I think your comment is very insensitive and some people would be highly offended although I think everyone should be able to follow their own beliefs. Please grow up and learn to have a little more respect for others feelings and beliefs.

I guess that some of the reason that I shared this situation was just a need to vent because I truly feel very sorry for this girl's very close family. She is a distant cousin to me but she has 2 children and her Mom who are having a very hard time. Her kids are young adults but the girl just had a baby and her son is just a teenager. I just keep thinking that she (the patient) is actually younger than my Mom. I know a lot of families go through stuff like this and it really wasn't appropriate for me to post anything about it but I was just sad and had it on my mind. Sorry to anyone that found it bothersome or depressing.

I'm really sorry to hear about that situation, DoubleDoctor. I'll keep y'all in my prayers. And don't let that mikdoc guy bring ya down...do a search for his posts and you'll see a lot more negativity and criticism--obviously he has some anger and insecurity, especially since he has to criticize someone asking for prayers for a family member.

Hang in there, and take comfort in your support system and in your faith. :) Keep us posted.

DON'T FEEL BAD AT ALL ABOUT HAVING TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THAT. PRAYERS NEVER HURT! GLAD TO HEAR THEY ARE DOING BETTER

Double Doctor,

I will pray for you and this family. Keep the faith!

EMW