Need suggestions for step 2 books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone:
I plan to start preparing CK exam. Could you please suggest me which books and question bank are best for CK?
Thank you very much! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I started off using Crush/Secrets, but then stopped b/c I thought they were both way too superficial and did not contain the depth needed to do well on Step 2. I started using (and continue to use) First Aid (FA) for Step 2-CK. I've found the book to be excellent, but I've still been having trouble with the NBME mini tests I've taken. That said, I still highly recommend FA for Step 2. I recently started to review a book called Deja, which is best used once the examinee has the basic facts down and wants to pinpoint his/her knowledge. I attached the link to Deja below. I've been pleased with it thusfar. Typically, USMLEworld(UW) is considered the best question bank, at least amongst those who post on this site. Q-Book and Q-Bank are also well received, but UW tends to be the favorite. I don't want to say too much or sound too authoratative, as I'm having trouble getting my NBME mini test scores up to speed, despite having studied. Thus, other peoples' advice may carry more weight!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...6767/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-8025912-5029705?ie=UTF8

Thank you for your suggestion!
It seems I need order USMLEworld question bank, instead of Kaplan Qbank.
For books, I may follow the suggestion from FA, buying Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics from Underground Clinical Vignettes series, buying Psychiatry and Surgery from Blueprints series.

Has anyone tried the Kaplan Books for step 2 ck at all? How do they compare to step 1? Thanks