Need suggestions on how to study for CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John_cena94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am planning to take the MCAT at the end of this summer. I have not yet started studying for it but I already know that I would struggle with the CARS section the most since I came to US about 4 years ago and I have only been reading and writing English since then. Since i have about 6 months to study, is it wise to practice only verbal for the first 3 month and then study for the whole thing for the next 3 month? Also, what is best prep book for CARS? please let me know if you have any suggestion on how to crush CARS section!!

Members don't see this ad.

your English is excellent for someone who only been reading/writing 4 years. Best bet is to read some philosophy and get Kaplan CARS book. Highly recommend both. Don't spend 3 months on CARS, it's only 1/4 sections, doesn't make sense to spend half your time on it. Read philosophy 1 hour/day while writing summary of what you read including main idea + tone of author.

You should definitely put a heavy emphasis on practicing CARS since you are at a disadvantage with the native speakers... There are a bunch of good CARS articles on one of the threads here... Spend a lot of time on the harder to interpret passages like philosophy and ethics