Need Suggestions on my low pat & qr but an ok ts and aa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tua12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Dat today, and my scores were the following. PAT(17), QR(16), RC(19), Bio(22), GC(24), OC(20) Total Science(21), and AA(20). I also havent submitted my application yet. I guess will the low pat and qr effect my chances of getting in? It's weird because I thought the PAT and QR were two of my better subjects. One of my passages was the piano one, and man is that passage so different from the other two.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Dat today, and my scores were the following. PAT(17), QR(16), RC(19), Bio(22), GC(24), OC(20) Total Science(21), and AA(20). I also havent submitted my application yet. I guess will the low pat and qr effect my chances of getting in? It's weird because I thought the PAT and QR were two of my better subjects. One of my passages was the piano one, and man is that passage so different from the other two.
Your main concern should be your PAT score. If you browse through this forum you'll see that many of the applicants with great AA and TS scores have QR scores in the 16-19 range.
However, your PAT score will most likely hinder your chances of admission.
Your science scores are great, so it really depends how much the schools you're applying to scrutinize the PAT score.

I am kinda in the same boat but with different strengths.
PAT 23, QR 19, RC 26, Bio 17, GC 19, OC 18, TS 18 AA 20.
With the low science scores and probably will graduate with a 3.2 science gpa do you think a DAT retake is necessary to raise my TS?

So I should be thinking about a retake because of my pat? This sucks. I really didnt think I was gonna get lower than an 18, I actually thought I could break a 20. When your offical scores come in, has anybody ever had their scores go up? It sucks cause maybe what if it was one of those scores where one more question right means an 18?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't retake because of the PAT. I've seen people get into some top notch dental schools even with a 15 PAT.

One former adcom even told me straight up that he feels that the PAT is an extra bonus; of course, below a 15 and some eye brows will be raised, but overall he said he didn't think it was that important.

I would just stick with those scores and apply smartly.

I don think u shud worry about PAT unless you wanna go to Harvard... Overall good job.. how did u study for bio and gchem? I am having issues with gchem I am taking kaplan practice tests and the gchem section is killing me.. may be because of lot of calculations.... please give some break down, comparing the real gchem with the practice ones if u can... thanks

I don think u shud worry about PAT unless you wanna go to Harvard... Overall good job.. how did u study for bio and gchem? I am having issues with gchem I am taking kaplan practice tests and the gchem section is killing me.. may be because of lot of calculations.... please give some break down, comparing the real gchem with the practice ones if u can... thanks

I mostly used Kaplan, and I dont think you have to worry about too many calculations on the real test. Most of the time you just have to set it up, and if they're are calculations they were pretty simple.