Need suggestions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help and I think your feedback will really help me decide on what to do. I didn't do well in my organic chem classes and I was thinking about retaking an o-chem course since o-chem is a prerequisite. I wonder how poor grades in organic chem will affect my application. Do you think it's worth my time retaking the class or should I just not worry about it much and consider taking some upper division science courses and getting lots of dental exposure instead?

Thanks so much. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

serina,
what grades did you have? If you have a C+ average or better in organic chemistry it will not hurt you that bad. Just remember the ad. comm. Do not only look at your grades, they look at the total package (eg) dat scores, shadowing experiences, letters of recommendation, gpa etc. Try and use your time wisely retaking the ochem does not gurantee that you'll get an 'A' in the class. Taking upper division courses and getting a decent grade will help you more than retaking a o chem class. Use that time to shadow a dentist or do some volunteer work or something. Good luck, I hope this helps.

iboman, thanks so much for your feedback. I have an average of 2.3 in O-chem .. really bad : ( I have a question though. What is a C+ grade equivalent to? How do you calculate your grades to get a "letter" grade?

Thanks again. :p