Need tailored advice on waitlists/LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enwysefinest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now I know there are threads on this topic which I have read, but I was hoping for some tailored advice to my scenario.

I currently have zero acceptances, one wait list, and two pending post interview decisions (wont hear until mid may-plus). Now one of those pending decisions is the school I really want to go to. It also happens to be a school that most people end up going to because they do not have any other choice (hint - north of the bronx). Where as I truly want to go there over the other 2 schools which the pre-med sdn community would say are much better.

How should i approach this. Since i have yet to get an acceptance at another school, I cant really write a letter of intent. Should i write a letter to the school telling them all the reasons I want to go there? But since they do not know my status with other schools, they could interpret this as a desperation letter to get into any school.

Thanks for any advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand why you can't write an LOI. You don't need acceptances to write an LOI. You just need to state the reasons you want to be there, and say that if accepted you will absolutely attend.

Yes, LOIntent just states that if they accept you, you'll go to the school. It's a common, and helpful thing to do.

You can also write letter of interest for the other med schools, esp the ones that put you on hold. This helps signal that you're still interested, and keep your application information floating around during the adcom meetings.