Need to confirm: How accurate are Dr. Collins sectional tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From your experience writing the PCAT while you practiced doing the questions from Dr. collins PCAT, how accurate, or how "good" did you find the practice questions in those sectional tests to be in comparison to the real thing. Also how recent was your PCAT?

I have just under 2 weeks left (Sept 11.) and Im devoted to practicing all day and night. Balancing between Pearson tests and Dr. Collins tests...I just don't want to be wasting valuable time or give myself wrong sense about the exam. Some questions have been decent, some have been very specific (one of the bio questions about who created some vaccine? really?). I haven't started with Pearsons yet so I cannot really compare yet, I just need your help.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you only have 2 weeks left, do not waste your time trying to do both. I would say devote your time on Dr.Collins only and spend a day for Pearson tests. When I took my PCAT last year, I went over Collins multiple times few weeks before exam and I saw lots of similar problems in actual PCAT exam. I think I was never running out of time but didn't fell too confident since there were some added questions (experimental), but at the end, I managed to get 99 percentile.

If you only have 2 weeks left, do not waste your time trying to do both. I would say devote your time on Dr.Collins only and spend a day for Pearson tests. When I took my PCAT last year, I went over Collins multiple times few weeks before exam and I saw lots of similar problems in actual PCAT exam. I think I was never running out of time but didn't fell too confident since there were some added questions (experimental), but at the end, I managed to get 99 percentile.
Do not waste my time doing both? Are they both equal to each other in terms of how well they prepare me for the exam? Keep in mind I'm just talking about practice - I am not saying I just started to study 2 weeks before haha. I think I have time to fit them all in depending on if I have weaknesses or not which may take awhile reviewing them. Do you recommend then getting 1 or 2 pearson tests to save time? Any unknown tips in terms of going over my mistakes with Dr. Collins etc.?

Thank you

Do not waste my time doing both? Are they both equal to each other in terms of how well they prepare me for the exam? Keep in mind I'm just talking about practice - I am not saying I just started to study 2 weeks before haha. I think I have time to fit them all in depending on if I have weaknesses or not which may take awhile reviewing them. Do you recommend then getting 1 or 2 pearson tests to save time? Any unknown tips in terms of going over my mistakes with Dr. Collins etc.?

Thank you

I found out that Collins were much more accurate representation in Bio and Chem sections, while Pearson math was pretty similar to actual exam. If you can get 1 or 2 pearson tests for practice, they will benefit you, I would recommend doing practice with both but not putting too much time on pearson one

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out that Collins were much more accurate representation in Bio and Chem sections, while Pearson math was pretty similar to actual exam. If you can get 1 or 2 pearson tests for practice, they will benefit you, I would recommend doing practice with both but not putting too much time on pearson one
You didn't think Quant section on Collins was a good representation or just didn't prefer it in general? :(
I was doing well on a few I've done so far and was so happy... There are things in the Kaplan book in content that Dr. Collins never covered, so I guess that could be some things missing from the tests. Can you confirm or...

What I want to understand is are Dr. Collins and pearson practice exams enough, meaning that going through all that thoroughly and understanding most of it going to gurantee you a good score excluding english?

Because if yes, then I dont understand how someone could do bad do they like not study just to see how the pcat is or not go through all the materials. Please if someone can elaborate more on this or those that scored bad and can explain why? Maybe it could aid some of us that are taking it soon..

What I want to understand is are Dr. Collins and pearson practice exams enough, meaning that going through all that thoroughly and understanding most of it going to gurantee you a good score excluding english?

Because if yes, then I dont understand how someone could do bad do they like not study just to see how the pcat is or not go through all the materials. Please if someone can elaborate more on this or those that scored bad and can explain why? Maybe it could aid some of us that are taking it soon..
Yes!!!! Please, I'm scared because idk if Dr collins and PPT are enough because they are a lot of people who don't do good on the exam

I am so sketched about the difficulty of Dr. Collin tests...
I'm 1.5 weeks out, and only done a couple of tests on each subject so far, and I am scoring a couple in the 90's (quant and Chem) and couple in 80's (VR and Bio). I feel like it's a fluke because there are a lot of details I'm rusty with but so far the questions are just only touching the surface! I don't want to give myself false sense of security so this is why I asked this question here. I guess I should buy Pearson's asap to gauge actual difficulty. Maybe Dr. Collins gets harder on the way up, or so far what's tested are my strengths. I am not too happy with Bio though, because it is very nasty on brute memorization of some useless facts... Haven't gotten too many responses here.