Need to "Petition" to retake Pre-Reqs at a Community College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CityofPalms

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated UM and I'm looking to get into a DPT program, however my cGPA and pGPA is too low. I was looking into retaking 3 of my pre-reqs that I received "C"s in at a community college. The problem is that they're saying I'm not allowed to because I already passed the class (with a C, I never failed it), so I'm not able to retake it. I'd have to fill out a petition form? Has anyone else had to go through this process?

Members don't see this ad.

Which classes? Can you just register online as a new student?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes, since I technically passed the classes I received C's in (and one B-), I had to get special permission to retake the classes. Go to registrar, explain your situation, and they will enter you into the classes you need.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do what I did. Go to the community college for last second registration go to someone who you did not got to before and tell them classes you need. No need to explain because they will assume you are too smart.

A few options that may apply to you/your community college...
1. Get an add card directly from the instructor, take to admissions to add you.
2. Agree with above, if you explain your situation directly to a person in admissions/registrar, they may simply approve the add.
3. The "petition" may simply be form to fill out and submit to someone at a desk, possibly not a big deal.
4. Go to a different community college in a different district. In the county where I live, there are a few school districts so I was able to repeat a course by simply enrolling at a diff college in a diff district/city.