Need to start studying . . . NOW!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the April and August MCAT last year, and I CANNOT get the motivation to study for that damn thing again! I absolutely have to start studying this weekend. No questions asked. Can someone come to my house and kick me in the ass? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

hey khenon,

i know what you mean. can you find someone who will be your trainer? someone who can enforce deadlines, practice exams, etc? i think that can help alot. sometimes it's nice when someone else does the pushing...

good luck!

spark

Hey Khenon,

I thought it was just me. I took the test in August and after all this waiting to hear from schools my spirit has been low. I've been studying but not like I am suppose to be. I just told my husband that he's going to have push me like a drill sergeant. I just can't get going mentally. By the way its me DOUBLEDIGITS from the e-mcat forum. :eek:

There is a guy on ebay that will come to your house and kick your ass if you pay for his plane ticket.

Members don't see this ad :)
stoleyerscrubz said:
There is a guy on ebay that will come to your house and kick your ass if you pay for his plane ticket.

:laugh: :laugh:

wait, are u serious?

Someone is always trying to sell a liver or something silly. This is one version of the ass whoopin from ebay:

http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/buttkicker.html

there was an episode on the Drew Carey Show where Henry Rollins flies into town to kick some ass and Carey and crew thought the ebay thing was only a joke.

Khenon said:
So I took the April and August MCAT last year, and I CANNOT get the motivation to study for that damn thing again! I absolutely have to start studying this weekend. No questions asked. Can someone come to my house and kick me in the ass? ;)

I've found it is helpful to study with someone else. I've found it also helpful NOT to study at home because of all the distractions there. A study buddy is definitely helpful.

Good luck to you!

yes, whatever you do, DON'T study in ur room/at home. go to school library, barnes&nobles, borders, anywhere else. youll get a lot more work done.

DOUBLEDIGITSII said:
Hey Khenon,

I thought it was just me. I took the test in August and after all this waiting to hear from schools my spirit has been low. I've been studying but not like I am suppose to be. I just told my husband that he's going to have push me like a drill sergeant. I just can't get going mentally. By the way its me DOUBLEDIGITS from the e-mcat forum. :eek:
Hey DOUBLEDIGITS!! How are you? Weren't you the one asking about some UC's on e-mcat? I finally got my UCSF rejection. I was shocked to get a secondary, but it still sucked to get that rejection. It was one of the nicest rejection letters I've ever gotten though. :laugh:

So yeah. Maybe I'll have to make my fiance become the dictator on my studying. I have a basement that I study in, to separate myself from the rest of the house. My family knows not to bother me when I'm studying so it's not a big deal on that part. I just need to get my ass down there and DO IT!!

I really hope I get a DO acceptance before April . . . :oops:

stoleyerscrubz said:
This is the funniest thing I've ever heard! :laugh: But I believe it!

I have to force myself to go to a coffee shop here in Birmingham to study for the MCAT. Otherwise I always find ways to be distracted.
Once you get settled in the place and actually start reviewing, you should be good for a couple of hours. Good luck!