Other OT-Related Information Need to take my boards, but I just got a DUI. Any advice on what to do or what will happen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandygadasiss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to graduate in a month with my Masters in Occupational Therapy. The next step is to take my boards. However, I got into some trouble and got a DUI over the weekend. Does anyone have any advice on what to do or what will happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You should contact your state's licensing board. You can eventually speak with a lawyer and find out if there is a way to deal with this that would have the least impact on your professional life.

I THINK that if you have no prior record, you should be able to deal with this in a way which will have little effect on your ability to practice. That's just my hunch. I would probably inquire with your state board. I think a lawyer may be helpful in determining how to broach the subject without making it worse unnecessarily.

In an extreme case I could see you moving to a more lenient licensing jurisdiction?