need urgent help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmgril001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am taking microbiology this semester. This is my last prerequisites course for pharmacy before attending pharm school for upcoming fall semester. I already got accepted to several schools, but I still need one micro class to fulfill the requirement.
I tried hard to study this class, but this question is too hard for me. Even though I already did a lot of researches and tried to read several material regarding this topic, I still cannot answer this question. I really need you guys' help. Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.
"The pathogenic strain of E. coli acquired a virulent gene for a C5a protease (protease against main complement protein). When expressed this protease increases bacterial resistance to host defense mechanisms involving complement. The gene was acquired thru lysogenic conversion. Please explain the mechanism by which this acquisition took place. Also explain how the body’s non-specific immune system, would respond to an E.coli strain with a virulent C5a protease."
Again thank you very much for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.