Need your $0.02- Mixed Bag Top 5 of UW, UCSD, Mayo-AZ, Northwestern, Yale-PC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niyokpotu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking at this thread... my top 5 programs are spread every where and I'm not totally sure how to rank my fav 5. My wife is very flexible on moving and will certainly be my suga mama during residency so cost of living is not a super factor. I've been on the west coast for a while now and I'm open to new experiences, even in the east. I'm interested in cards but not totally committed to it either.

My ROL has been changing every day (programs >5 are stable). Today it's...
1) UCSD
2) Yale-Primary Care
3) U of Washington
4) Northwestern
5) Mayo-AZ

Would appreciate any input on how you would rank these and why. Thanks!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

uw- top medicine program, great fellowship placement, and seattle is a great place to live. research powerhouse.
ucsd- it's san diego. good national rep
northwestern
yale
mayo-az

Thanks for looking at this thread... my top 5 programs are spread every where and I'm not totally sure how to rank my fav 5. My wife is very flexible on moving and will certainly be my suga mama during residency so cost of living is not a super factor. I've been on the west coast for a while now and I'm open to new experiences, even in the east. I'm interested in cards but not totally committed to it either.

My ROL has been changing every day (programs >5 are stable). Today it's...
1) UCSD
2) Yale-Primary Care
3) U of Washington
4) Northwestern
5) Mayo-AZ

Would appreciate any input on how you would rank these and why. Thanks!!!:)

hey there,
i have a similiar looking list-- and interviewed at some of those places. I am a student at UW, and can say i think the residents here are probably some of the hardest working in the country ,but also the sharpest. UCSD seemed very similair to UW in many regards-- hardworking. Less emphasis on PC at UCSD, but my sense is maybe better for cards. UW had only a couple ppl match in cards last year (i know one guy didn't match... but not sure why) Yale PC i was so not impressed, and I would put it at the bottom it seems supportive and all, but i wasn't that impressed with the residents, and trekking to waterbury is kind of a pain (at least for me). Both UW/UCSD have a diverse pt population, include a VA etc. Didn't go to Mayo or Northestern.

UW/ UCSD
Northwestern
Mayo
Yale PC