Need your help/advice: MCAT Rescheduling Fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jorski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have a predicament, which the braintrust here at SDN might be able to help me out with.

I registered to take the April MCAT on Dec. 27th. Got in on the day I wanted, but not exactly at the site I wanted. I started studying and realized that maybe a change in studying methods was a good thing, and decided that I needed to change my test date to a later date (May 16th); I did so, and got into a closer site (1 hour drive vs. 3 hour drive) on the new day. I had to pay the $50 rescheduling fee (which was fine with me).

So fast forward to about a week and half ago when I get an email and phone call from Thomson Prometric telling me my test center was closed for the rest of the year, and I would need to reschedule. Not good; I ended up getting the same day, but its 5 hours from school (3 from home), so its looking like Im going to have to stay the night before. What has got me peeved is I had to pay the $50 rescheduling fee again. I email AAMC, and they said I should give them a call and implied that they would refund the money back to me. The problem is, when I call 202-828-0600 like they told me too, I listen to the friendly machine lady and I cant get to anyone. They offer an option for an AMCAS rep, but thats not what I need.

So, anyone know of a number to get to an MCAT rep that can help me, or should I just get used to the man putting me down?

Members don't see this ad.

hit 0 with the computer lady voice and jsut talk to that amcas rep. I thought hey would be a mcat option but talk to that person and tehy will likely transfer you.