Need your honest opinion.. What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent68

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please consider the following factors and please let me know what my chances are?
Double major in bio and econ with 3.59 cGPA and 3.55 sGPA
Master in bio with 3.95 GPA
DAT: 20 TS/20 AA/21 PAT
4 yrs of research experiences with 3 publications
1 yr of shadowing a dentist
4 good to awesome LORs

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, you have no chance...

I second the need for a what are my chances subforumn on a side note however.

Okay, I don't know what @marcusnasland is talking about but you do have an okay chance, just not in Canada. The reason being that your cGPA is too low. Typical acceptances are in 3.91cGPA or (by percent which is what it comes down to) 86-90% If you are not sure about dentistry, your medical school stats look pretty good, just do the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
where is it said that she is going for dental school in Canada?

no chance. just give up and go to chiropractor school

as others have already said, you have very slim chance at this point. Since you've already completed a masters, you might have to go PhD or even start thinking about a change in careers. Pharm etc. Or you can keep trying to apply while getting a job as a dental technician or whatnot. Good luck!

lol, dont listen to these guys, you have a great shot. It would be nice to have a "what are my chances" subforum though.

What's interesting... with a masters degree, this person is wanting feedback of their chances. What do you think?

haha Im enjoying everyones sarcasm on this post...

haha Im enjoying everyones sarcasm on this post...

Haha... But on a non-sarcastic note, I have heard that with the recent openings of janatorial positions around North America they have been accepting lots of 3.9 masters students with close to 20 DAT scores, so you may be in luck! (If you are willing to switch career paths that is). For dental school you will need a 4.0 and a 30 DAT and 20+ years of volunteering though.

ya done son.. kill yourself

Hi,

Please consider the following factors and please let me know what my chances are?
Double major in bio and econ with 3.59 cGPA and 3.55 sGPA
Master in bio with 3.95 GPA
DAT: 20 TS/20 AA/21 PAT
4 yrs of research experiences with 3 publications
1 yr of shadowing a dentist
4 good to awesome LORs

Thanks

Really? Really? Either you are a.) so completely unaware of the dental admissions process (in which case, I'd be flabbergasted and mock you allowing yourself to stay that way), or b.) you're obsessive compulsive (which happens.. a lot), or c.) you know what your chances are, but you want to seem unsure in order to brag about yourself and fish for compliments. I think it's the last one.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything (... I lie. I am. Can't help it.), but you obviously know you're getting into some dental school unless you have a wild personality defect or a 1st degree murder charge. Go away.

A 20 TS/AA is pretty "average" these days.....

You may want to shoot for a 23+ in order to have a decent shot.

Sorry, but you won't get a bedtime story from me.

Sorry, this was funny the first few replies ...but then it just became downright mean, and I feel bad now lol.

You have an excellent chance of getting in, you're in the top 25% of all 2010 applicants in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure you already knew that too.

Your scores are good enough to get in without the masters. A masters with a 3.95 gpa bascially elminates you're already great undergrad GPA and makes you stand out.

DAT is above average. It's probably around the 75-80% mark. Research is great, especially with 3 publications already. Shadowing is good.

I had a 4.0 and 24/26 on the dat and I have my Ph.D./M.D. I was president of the United States for 8 years. Do I have any chance at all, at least of getting into Puerto Rico?

I had a 4.0 and 24/26 on the dat and I have my Ph.D./M.D. I was president of the United States for 8 years. Do I have any chance at all, at least of getting into Puerto Rico?

LOL......sorry....you as well dont stand a chance! Go Bucky! (If you're from Wisconsin!)

I am indeed from Wisconsin...does that increase my chances??? :(

Hmmmm I just dont know.....I mean you did get re-elected for a second term as president of the united states but if you could have had a more extensive resume maybe as a senator or something, that may help. Im sure your foreign relations experience will help you out though.

My honest opinion: If I was on the admissions committee and I read this post, I'd reject you without a doubt. To be someone who has those scores and needs to ask this question clearly shows you have no common sense, no self-confidence, and that you spent no effort to research dental schools.

Good luck. Better have this thread deleted because it will ruin your life.

lol i'm loving the sarcasm here lol

LOL we got like almost 50 posts racked up here and still not a response from the person who originally posted the question! I love it!