needing advice for Pharmacy school admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopetobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently attending Armstrong Atlantic State University and majoring in chemistry. I really want to attend South University in Savannah,GA.
I currently have a 3.2 GPA but trying my best to increase it. I have not taken the PCAT yet because I still have 2 more years of undergraduate school left.

I am wanting to take the PTCB (Pharmacy Tech certification) and work in a pharmacy. Would this increase my chances of getting accepted into pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently attending Armstrong Atlantic State University and majoring in chemistry. I really want to attend South University in Savannah,GA.
I currently have a 3.2 GPA but trying my best to increase it. I have not taken the PCAT yet because I still have 2 more years of undergraduate school left.

I am wanting to take the PTCB (Pharmacy Tech certification) and work in a pharmacy. Would this increase my chances of getting accepted into pharmacy school?

Being a pharmacy technician will most definately increase your chances of getting into pharmacy school. But the ''major'' components that determine you getting accepted is gpa and PCAT....imo. Not saying that all the other components don't count. they do .but you,re gpa and pcat scores outweigh the rest. So if you can maintain your gpa or increase it, and score really well on the PCAT(80composite and above). You'll definately have a shot at getting accepted. Having pharmacy related experience, volunteering and etc. will boost these chances.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Being a pharmacy technician will most definately increase your chances of getting into pharmacy school. But the ''major'' components that determine you getting accepted is gpa and PCAT....imo. Not saying that all the other components don't count. they do .but you,re gpa and pcat scores outweigh the rest. So if you can maintain your gpa or increase it, and score really well on the PCAT(80composite and above). You'll definately have a shot at getting accepted. Having pharmacy related experience, volunteering and etc. will boost these chances.
Good luck!

Thank you so much! :D