Neomed bs/md program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VaishS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am new here and though I would introduce myself while also asking some questions! I am a high school senior and I just recently committed to the Neomed 6-year medical program. I am interested in getting a good residency (currently interested in surgery- might change). I am willing to work hard and find opportunities outside of the school to boost myself. However, I am not very familiar with what I can do to get into the best residencies. I have been doing research for most of high school and plan on continuing that. I also obviously plan on doing the best possible with my grades. What else do I need to focus on? What can I start on early? I know that the USMLE step 1 is very important-what can I start doing for that? I guess any general tips will be welcome, especially if you are familiar with the program! :)
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I'd first concentrate on maintaining your grades for that program. As I'm sure you know the compression of material in 2 years is pretty time consuming, so other than keeping your grades in order I doubt you'll have too much time to focus on residency as an "undergrad." Luckily, the MCAT score to stay in the program if I'm not mistaken isn't too killer high, once in med school there then start worrying about residency.

Reactions: 1 user