NEOMED (EA program) vs Touro Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aml868

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am from Florida and currently I am waitlisted at NEOMED (MD), LECOM Bradenton, and NOVA (DO). Recently, NEOMED sent an invite for me to apply for their early assurance program where I finish a masters in foundation in medicine for a year and I’m guaranteed to matriculate summer of 2023. This program I believe is only offered to their URM students on their waitlist. I have had great luck with DO schools and have narrowed it down to Touro Nevada so far (accepted also at VCOM-L, NOORDA, WCUCOM). I wanted to be an optometrist/ophthalmologist in highschool and early college due to my experience and influence of my second cousins in Puerto Rico… but realized I want to explore more and don’t really know what I want to specialize in since I have liked all my clinical experiences so far. I am excited and grateful to be able accepted this year but was wondering what y’all think. Leaning towards starting this year at DO cause the pros to me outweigh the one con of having to put in a little more effort if I end up wanting to do something more competitive. I took a gap year already and have had time to relax. Also, I didn’t do too hot on the SAT (can’t remember, 1200-1300?) or MCAT (503) so I am scared I might struggle in general with standardized test taking and need to work on that as well.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is an invitation to apply? Will they charge you tuition for the courses and what are the requirements for the guaranteed matriculation?

Members don't see this ad :)
~21k in total for the year if i did math okay?

Oh yea I would have to interview for it there are 20 spots. You have to complete the program I believe and their are charges. Foundations of Medicine | Graduate Studies at NEOMED

Can google it and will probably come up
I would opt for Touro NV as that is an actual acceptance and you can start working as a physician a year early without paying extra. I think your math is right, it is cheaper than the Modern Anatomical Science I had found on their site before you shared the link.

Reactions: 2 users
I would opt for Touro NV as that is an actual acceptance and you can start working as a physician a year early without paying extra. I think your math is right, it is cheaper than the Modern Anatomical Science I had found on their site before you shared the link.
Thanks for the advice :), and will still keep hoping I get off their waitlist anyways

Reactions: 1 user