Neoucom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just interviewed at NEOUCOM on Jan. 10th. Just wondering if anyone else did recently, and what their thoughts were.

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting for an interview invite, but I have a friend there that has really enjoyed it and has been interviewing for great residency positions. I hope you hear good news from them soon!

-luw

Members don't see this ad :)
remind me again what NEOUCOM stands for

NEOUCOM stands for Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine.

ah. Thanks. I thought it was an OH program.

Go Youngstown State! (my future parents-in-law went there)

Its Youngstown, Kent, and who?....Akron maybe?

Hey, congrats, Tatabox ~ what did YOU think?!!? :)

Originally posted by logos
Its Youngstown, Kent, and who?....Akron maybe?

According to their webiste it's Youngstown, Kent, and Akron.

Originally posted by Zoobaby
Hey, congrats, Tatabox ~ what did YOU think?!!? :)

To be totally honest, since I've been there so many times in the past, I'm pretty familiar with NEOUCOM. I thought my interviewers were great. They were very nice and said that I did very well. The decision goes out in the mail today...so I'm hoping since it's my #1 choice school. Oh yeah, the box lunch wasn't bad either.

Well, good luck! Perhaps we'll be classmates next year!

Are you at all worried about the BS/MD kids? I get along with just about everyone, but I'm 26, have been working for 4 years, and consider myself to be decently experienced/worldly. I'm a little worried that I won't find too many people in the class that I'll really be able to connect with as friends on the level that I'm used to. Not that I'm saying I couldn't be great friends with a bunch of 20year-olds, but I do think the sample of cool, mature people will naturally be pretty low with so many juniors around.

That's the only serious reservation I have about the school. Are you bugged by it at all?

Congrats Tata!!
Good luck on getting the fat envelope :) I feel the same way you do about feeling familiar with the school. Over the years I've interacted with quite a few of their faculty and have been to NEOUCOM for some conferences. They were my first choice also because of location, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hey!!!

GOOD LUCK!! You'll have to call me...

When you get in we'll have to go to Don Pablo's to celebrate!
Becky

Originally posted by Doctortobee
Hey!!!

GOOD LUCK!! You'll have to call me...

When you get in we'll have to go to Don Pablo's to celebrate!
Becky

Definately!! I'm always up for Don Pablo's. By the way Doctortobee, I've noticed your signature LECOM class of 2007. I guess it's official then!!

Tatabox & Doctortobe,
I work here in Green, OH. If you end up going to Don's consider this my invitation to myself ;)

Tatabox and I go to Don Pablos (at The Strip) all the time!!

Hey tata i applied to akron's bs/md got an interview and was accepted. the interview was fun because the professors were very laid back. You seem like you know alot about the med school and school and the whole area. So im either gonna go to U of illinois in chicago or akron but im leanin alot more towards akron. Do u have any information that would push me over the edge, or anything that i should know before i get myself into trouble.
thanks
thanks