NERB to CITA after residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Halpert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in my last year of dental school and am applying for OS. I took the NERB exam but am from a CITA state (NC). I was wondering if anyone had any advice or have gone through a similar situation. I plan to attend a 6 year program, However I am planning on moving back to NC to practice once I have completed residency and posssibly fellowships. Has anyone from NC or a CITA state moved to the area after completing a separate board exam such as NERB and if so can you give me any insight into how tough it is or what steps I need to take. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I am in my last year of dental school and am applying for OS. I took the NERB exam but am from a CITA state (NC). I was wondering if anyone had any advice or have gone through a similar situation. I plan to attend a 6 year program, However I am planning on moving back to NC to practice once I have completed residency and posssibly fellowships. Has anyone from NC or a CITA state moved to the area after completing a separate board exam such as NERB and if so can you give me any insight into how tough it is or what steps I need to take. Thanks

CITA is tough no doubt about it. my old roommate just graduated and she passed CRDTS with flying colors but had a tought time with CITA. their lesion requirements are more strict and their teeth are different for dummy boards compared to other exams from what i hear (different from CRDTS anyway). i assited her for clinic boards and their paperwork is crazy. if you have good lesions and can fight the paper work then you're good.