Nervous about being accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbbdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I had applied to a wide range of schools; some reach (Case, Pitt, Georgetown) and some safeties (Cincinnati, VCU, Rosalind Franklin). After getting interviews early at Case and Pitt there are so many schools I haven't heard a thing from, good or bad. Anyone else in this situation? How should I feel about not having heard anything since being told my app was complete from schools like Tufts, BU, Temple, Ohio State, etc? I guess I'm just very nervous and, being out of shcool, have no advisor to talk to about this. See my mdapplicants profile for more info.

Members don't see this ad.

Sit tight. I'm still waiting to hear from 11 schools post-secondary. At this point I gather that I'm not a stellar applicant in their estimation, and will probably interview for waitlists in the spring if invited. Oh well, I don't care anymore. :thumbup:

I haven't heard from 14 schools, and I've been complete since August. I'm pretty nervous, and I'm still formulating what I will do next year if I'm not accepted. I may get a second BA, this time in Bio, retake the MCAT, and reapply or get an MA in English and apply to law school. I hope I get in this cycle because this is a tough decision to make.

gbbdoc said:
I thought I had applied to a wide range of schools; some reach (Case, Pitt, Georgetown) and some safeties (Cincinnati, VCU, Rosalind Franklin). After getting interviews early at Case and Pitt there are so many schools I haven't heard a thing from, good or bad. Anyone else in this situation? How should I feel about not having heard anything since being told my app was complete from schools like Tufts, BU, Temple, Ohio State, etc? I guess I'm just very nervous and, being out of shcool, have no advisor to talk to about this. See my mdapplicants profile for more info.

Same situation, with very early interviews at the same schools you applied to and one of your safeties. One of my safety school notified me 1 1/2 week after interview. I think reach schools take longer evaluating who to accept.