Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nervous about being accepted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gbbdoc, Dec 21, 2005.

1. gbbdoc

gbbdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

I thought I had applied to a wide range of schools; some reach (Case, Pitt, Georgetown) and some safeties (Cincinnati, VCU, Rosalind Franklin). After getting interviews early at Case and Pitt there are so many schools I haven't heard a thing from, good or bad. Anyone else in this situation? How should I feel about not having heard anything since being told my app was complete from schools like Tufts, BU, Temple, Ohio State, etc? I guess I'm just very nervous and, being out of shcool, have no advisor to talk to about this. See my mdapplicants profile for more info.

2. medicomel

medicomel Purveyor of short posts.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sit tight. I'm still waiting to hear from 11 schools post-secondary. At this point I gather that I'm not a stellar applicant in their estimation, and will probably interview for waitlists in the spring if invited. Oh well, I don't care anymore. :thumbup:

3. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I haven't heard from 14 schools, and I've been complete since August. I'm pretty nervous, and I'm still formulating what I will do next year if I'm not accepted. I may get a second BA, this time in Bio, retake the MCAT, and reapply or get an MA in English and apply to law school. I hope I get in this cycle because this is a tough decision to make.

4. Mixtli

Mixtli Trying to smile real hard
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Same situation, with very early interviews at the same schools you applied to and one of your safeties. One of my safety school notified me 1 1/2 week after interview. I think reach schools take longer evaluating who to accept.