1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nervous about being accepted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gbbdoc, Dec 21, 2005.

1. gbbdoc

gbbdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

I thought I had applied to a wide range of schools; some reach (Case, Pitt, Georgetown) and some safeties (Cincinnati, VCU, Rosalind Franklin). After getting interviews early at Case and Pitt there are so many schools I haven't heard a thing from, good or bad. Anyone else in this situation? How should I feel about not having heard anything since being told my app was complete from schools like Tufts, BU, Temple, Ohio State, etc? I guess I'm just very nervous and, being out of shcool, have no advisor to talk to about this. See my mdapplicants profile for more info.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. medicomel

medicomel Purveyor of short posts.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sit tight. I'm still waiting to hear from 11 schools post-secondary. At this point I gather that I'm not a stellar applicant in their estimation, and will probably interview for waitlists in the spring if invited. Oh well, I don't care anymore. :thumbup:

4. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I haven't heard from 14 schools, and I've been complete since August. I'm pretty nervous, and I'm still formulating what I will do next year if I'm not accepted. I may get a second BA, this time in Bio, retake the MCAT, and reapply or get an MA in English and apply to law school. I hope I get in this cycle because this is a tough decision to make.

5. Mixtli

Mixtli Trying to smile real hard
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Same situation, with very early interviews at the same schools you applied to and one of your safeties. One of my safety school notified me 1 1/2 week after interview. I think reach schools take longer evaluating who to accept.