Nervous about not getting into OT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happynonsense

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm transferring to University at Buffalo as an OT major hoping to get into the BS/MS program.

I'm very worried because I don't have a backup plan in case I don't get in.

I have to complete all the pre-req's and volunteer hours before going into the professional component of the program.
I'm afraid for how hard it's going to be. I don't have much confidence in myself. What if I don't get into the professional part of the program? What if I find the work too difficult? I know I will have to work hard and commit to this, but it's really competitive and I'm not sure if I',m smart enough.

I'm taking in student loans as well so that makes me more nervous because it's going to be expensive if I have to stay another year. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't worry I have the same concerns as you. If you know you want to do OT just go for it. Just do your best in your pre-reqs and get a lot of volunteer hours. I'm also worried about if I'll be able to do the work in the actual program, but I will worry about that when the time comes and just remember to always do your best. Some people just have to try harder than others and if that's what it takes so be it as long as this is what you know you want to do. I'm trying to figure out what to major in as undergrad right now b/c I want to have a good major to fall back on.