Nervous New Yorker... sounds like a personal ad!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

New Yorker here who just interviewed at NYCOM with a 4.0 science, 3.980 nonscience, 23O MCAT, good ec's, DO letter of recommendation...

It's my top choice school and I only applied to osteopathic schools.

I interviewed a week ago today. How long do you all think it'll take for a response? Their standard answer is: turnover time is 2-3 weeks... does that mean they make a decision within 2-3 weeks or I'll receive mail in 2-3 weeks?

Additionally, does anyone know how filled the 2009 class is or how often the adcom meets?

Any uplifting comments? I'm super nervous... especially since I haven't gotten an acceptance from anywhere else yet!!

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

Members don't see this ad.

DrBeanie said:
Hey all...

New Yorker here who just interviewed at NYCOM with a 4.0 science, 3.980 nonscience, 23O MCAT, good ec's, DO letter of recommendation...

I interviewed a week ago today. How long do you all think it'll take for a response? Their standard answer is: turnover time is 2-3 weeks... does that mean they make a decision within 2-3 weeks or I'll receive mail in 2-3 weeks?

Additionally, does anyone know how filled the 2009 class is or how often the adcom meets?

Any uplifting comments? I'm super nervous... especially since I haven't gotten an acceptance from anywhere else yet!!

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

As long as you feel the interview went well, I'm sure you'll be fine. I, too, am a New Yorker and interviewed at NYCOM in mid-November. It took them until January 13th to let me know that I was accepted. It seems like they let later applicants know sooner. I would call them in a few weeks and check on the status of your application. I know that they tend to favor New York residents and your credentials sound great. Hang tight and good luck.

Hi. I interviewed in mid-december and heard 2 weeks later with a letter in the mail. I would wait 2 weeks and then maybe call them. you have good stats (similar to mine) and if you feel the interview went well then you should be confident! Good Luck. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Keep 'em coming.

Take care and good luck.

DrBeanie said:
Hey all...

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

Those are stellar stats. I interviewed at NYCOM back in December and was accepted a few weeks later. My GPA is about 3.3, science GPA of only around 3.0, MCAT - 26Q. I'm a NY state resident and I have a lot of research and clinical experience.

I wouldn't worry about your acceptance. You sound like a very strong applicant. Definitely call if you haven't heard in a few weeks - I did, and found out that my acceptance letter had been sent to my college address (I was home for winter break).

As for how often the committee meets and how full the class is, I haven't a clue. Their class can't be too close to full, though, since they only started interviewing in November this year. I'm assuming that the committee meets relatively frequently, since their notification rate is generally fairly quick.

Don't stress. Your GPA is a smidgen higher than mine and I had a 22Q MCAT...not much research, but a good amount of clinical exp. I got my acceptance just shy of 2 weeks post interview. Stats aren't everything, if you think your interview went well, then I'm sure you will be fine.

Biodork111 said:
Don't stress. Your GPA is a smidgen higher than mine and I had a 22Q MCAT...not much research, but a good amount of clinical exp. I got my acceptance just shy of 2 weeks post interview. Stats aren't everything, if you think your interview went well, then I'm sure you will be fine.

Biodork111, when was your application complete at NYCOM?

DrBeanie said:
Hey all...

Thanks in advance!

Jenn

Hey Dr Beanie,
Hang in there. NYCOM adcom is slow at times. It took them 6 weeks to inform me about the decision. Your stats are at par with lots of others who have gotten in, so don't worry. When you receive the good news, be sure to come back and tell us. Good luck....!!!!