Nervous :->

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    With the start of school inevitably sneeking up on us, I'm starting to get nervous. I have been out of school for 2 years, and I'm worried I have lost it. Any of you feel like this when you started. When I was in undergrad, I had it all together, knew how to study, never missed an assignment, loved studying. Now I'm afraid that I have lost my academic fittness, is it like use it or loose it? :laugh:

Doc2B-Finally

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 13, 2004
      Doc 2b said:
      With the start of school inevitably sneeking up on us, I'm starting to get nervous. I have been out of school for 2 years, and I'm worried I have lost it. Any of you feel like this when you started. When I was in undergrad, I had it all together, knew how to study, never missed an assignment, loved studying. Now I'm afraid that I have lost my academic fittness, is it like use it or loose it? :laugh:

I thought I was the only one. I am in the same boar bro.
      I am actually planning to touch up on Anatomy and some basic bio-chem, beginning Feb.
      Good luck....!!!!

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 2, 2003
      The best coast (west coast)
        Wow your names are awfully similar. I'm scared too but hey, the system is meant for us to pass... so just be confident in it and you will succeed. So many people did it, with longer periods than 2 years out of school. I'll be just 8 months of school and considered taking some classes this semester but the majority of current students didn't recommend it. So I'll be traveling instead. :thumbup:

About the Ads

Robz

La Vie Boheme
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Aug 3, 2003
        Drinking Texas Tea
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          there is a pretty quick learning curve. I was out 4 years and came back for an MPH and it prepared me for med school a bit...but not totally. You get into it slowly and then you realize your doing a bunch a work and your like how the hell did that happen????

I still wonder how I got my study habits

eadysx

10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Feb 3, 2004
          Under the sun of neon lights…
          1. Attending Physician
            Doc 2b said:

I never had good study habits in undergrad. Drank a lot, went to a bunch of good parties. Had a GOOD time. :D No need to worry about medical school, the way you studied in the past will most likely not work for medical school, there is just WAY to much info for that. I say, sit back, chill, have a REALLY good summer, because your life is about to change.

Studying in med school is easy, just do it all the time and you will be fine. :) Good luck and enjoy your free time.

E-

indebt

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Nov 2, 2004
              Don't worry guys,
              Was out of school for 3 years and wasn't even a science major in college. Felt the same way before entering med school... you'll get the up and downs and become really nervous right before school begins. You'll soon find that half of your class is in the same boat. Relax don't stress over biochem or anatomy everything will be taught from the basics to the end i.e. what is an amino acid and 4 chambers in the heart. The average age of NYCOM this year was 25 y/o so most people I presumed took a few years off. Best of luck and just relax don't go overboard preparing because it will not be enough and it will not be the right material.

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              May 19, 2004
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                I'm not planning on doing shi+. Just glad to know there are others out there in my postition. I think my 2 years off will be good, i'm so ready to get back in school, i wish we started tomorrow. Of course I guess i would have to decide where first;-/

MsEvolution

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                2+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Jun 9, 2004
                Iowa
                1. Attending Physician
                  I'm nervous too. I graduated in 1998. I'm doing self-guided study of biochem right now during my lunch hours at work pretty religiously. It's not an intense review, more reading and trying to grasp concepts. I realize it will probably fade to a degree by the time I start... but it should be easier to call it up... and I want to feel like I'm doing "something."

I also filed my tax return and began filling out my fafsa this weekend... just waiting for my dad to give me his info so I can finish THAT.

Can't wait for August 2nd!

Kevbot

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Oct 13, 2004
                  NJ
                    eadysx said:
                    I never had good study habits in undergrad. Drank a lot, went to a bunch of good parties. Had a GOOD time. :D No need to worry about medical school, the way you studied in the past will most likely not work for medical school, there is just WAY to much info for that. I say, sit back, chill, have a REALLY good summer, because your life is about to change.

Studying in med school is easy, just do it all the time and you will be fine. :) Good luck and enjoy your free time.

E-

Thats worrying, considering I study all the time in undergrad. :D

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.