Netter flash cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How helpful are these, guys? The little SDN ad was tempting me. I don't start MS1 til next year...Am taking an undergrad anat course here pretty soon (for my major, not b/c i think it'll be helpful :)) so could use them then; also maybe look at them occasionally summer before MS1?

Members don't see this ad.

Please just have fun this summer and forget about looking at anatomy cards before going to school.

Yeah, they're helpful...but they won't make or break you.

lol, i know. actually i would be starting fall 06 and i graduate in dec so i have 8 months...am going to vacation, save some $$ working and relax...will probably NOT look at anything med related in reality...but curious as to whether or not they were worth the dough, if people used them, etc. i'm not a huge flashcard person :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i have them ... haven't used them once. i'm doing fine.

what i would recommend that you get besides a netter is a rohen and yokichi cadaver dissection book ... it's quite excellent for seeing real pictures and testing yourself.

but don't worry about that till fall '06 :-D

i :love: my netters flash cards. after going through the syllabus with big netter, i usually try to condense the main/more difficult points onto my flashcards. they're so much easier to drag to the coffee shop to study than big netter and are great for a quick review.

lilmo said:
i :love: my netters flash cards. after going through the syllabus with big netter, i usually try to condense the main/more difficult points onto my flashcards. they're so much easier to drag to the coffee shop to study than big netter and are great for a quick review.

although my crazy gf swears by these, I rarely use these and do just fine...infact, I don't like the fact that they use up one whole card just to point to a single muscle....but I guess the info on the back of the card (ie innervation, origins, etc etc) can be kinda useful, but I gotta say don't bother on this one. I mainly just take my cards (which were given to me) to my preceptor and glance at them during downtime. I usually lug around my huge netter atlas and don't mind doing so...i mean, how else are you going to freak people out at coffee shops when they walk by and see that you are intently staring a large pictures of a dissected pelvis and other crazy things?

Big Netter is great for 3 things:

1) studying at home---no way i'm going to carry around 20 pounds of books, even if they were illustrated by sexy netter.

2) when you are first learning the material

3) when you want to impress everyone at B&N by looking like a GUNNER!!!!

felipe5 said:
how else are you going to freak people out at coffee shops when they walk by and see that you are intently staring a large pictures of a dissected pelvis and other crazy things?

Try Rohen and Yokochi at Starbucks...now THAT gets you some distasteful looks....

Netter also have a pda program. I have no clue what the link is. I just remember finding it while browsing various pda programs.

I used my flash cards all the time. It was great because then I didn't have to carry around the big book. I could study them during lunch or where-ever and you can just carry the ones you need for the current unit.

It depends whether you are a flash card person or not. I never have liked flash cards, so I don't know why I bought the Netter ones. Probably because everyone else was. Anyways, I'll sell you mine if you want them, PM me.

dd, how much are you charging? :)

the netter CD rocks.
put that on your laptop and you can find everything you need quickly.

if you really need to study, you can finish BRS anatomy in one summer.

I had the Netter book, CD, and flash cards. Although the book and the CD were great, I never used them. But I love the flash cards! I would just constantly review with them. I used those and Moore and did excellent in anatomy.

most people in my class didn't find them useful

They sell for over $30 new. I only used upper limb and head & neck a couple times. They are in perfect condition.

$20, media mail shipping included.

I'm not a fan of flash cards in med school. They don't hold enough info. Buy a Netter atlas - that's a MEGA flash card.

felipe5 said:
how else are you going to freak people out at coffee shops when they walk by and see that you are intently staring a large pictures of a dissected pelvis and other crazy things?

I live for this!
Yeah!

ddmoore54 said:
They sell for over $30 new. I only used upper limb and head & neck a couple times. They are in perfect condition.

$20, media mail shipping included.
Sold!

My $0.02 worth...I found the Netter cards to be really really useful. My system was to see the lectures, read the lecture notes and highlight structures in the big atlas, do a pass through the cards (always reading the back -- the info is really high yield), read the chapter in BRS, hit a website for some practice questions, then do another pass through the cards a day or two before the test, along with a glance through Rohen. The second pass through the cards helped crystallize all the stuff I'd read about. I'd definitely recommend getting them, used if you can.