netter's cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Rosenrose

HELP
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the netters neuro cards worth the time/money?

Members don't see this ad.

I only looked at them once during Anatomy. That was the day before the final and I didn't really learn anything new from them. I think just having the book is fine.

I agree. You can do without. I even stopped using the Netter atlas. All the relevant Netter plates were in the power point slides so I didn't really need to crack open my Netter. I still think it's a good book to own but the cards are not necessary

Members don't see this ad :)
well...here are my two cents....like they say, "do what works for you."

i was really struggling with anatomy, so bought every resource out on the market - netter's cards, rohen, netter atlas, high yield, BRS, small moore....list goes on....but basically, i tried different resources until i found resources that worked for me.

My class syllabus was poorly written and I couldn't make any sense out of it. I think this is the first resource (along with a text for reference)...like the above post said, it worked for them and they stick to the notes....

If you are donig fine in anatomy (B or above) with your syllabus, and your atlas, then don't buy the flash cards....you'll probably improve your performance more by just reviewing more from the same resources that you currently have. However, if you are struggling....try the flash cards.

I found the flash cards very helpful, especially for learning muscles because the information was already compartmentalized for each muscle - its origins, attatchments, innervation, blood supply, action, muscle group its part of, and special features. So, for example, closer to my practicle I found that I was weak with muscle attatchments which was big on our practical....I was able to go through my flashcards and find the ones with all the muslces. This allowed me to find information that was already organized (v. looking it up using textbook indexes, or guess from atlases), and visualize the structure at the same time...

Netter's cards are definitely good. Probably one of the better flash cards sets out. You can quiz yourself on the plates and underneath they give a little bit of info (appropriate amount I thought). They were good during anatomy, I am not sure if they will be great for boards (they maybe too much for that purpose - don't know).

My 2 cents

I don't think the parent is asking about Netter's Anatomy flash cards (the ones seen here), but rather about the new set of Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards (seen here). Does anyone have any experience with the neuro flash cards? I posted the same question back in January when I was taking neuro, but nobody answered then either. I made it through neuro pretty well without them, and this is coming from someone who used the anatomy flash cards religiously. As far as I can tell, the flash cards would only be useful for helping you memorize the pathways and spine & brain cross sections. Honestly, if you have a good atlas (Nolte's Atlas is quite excellent), then you shouldn't really need them.

If you normally are a flash card user (i.e. you have stacks of them leftover from organic chem), then Netter cards are pretty helpful. Try to buy them used online from Ebay or Amazon... they're pretty expensive at the stores.

Rogue_Leader said:
I don't think the parent is asking about Netter's Anatomy flash cards (the ones seen here), but rather about the new set of Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards (seen here).

haha...oops ....i didn't even know that the neuro flash cards existed :idea:

hehe....well...i was gonna say that the haines atlas is another good resource for neuro...so you might wanna look into it!

don't know about the neuro cards, but i loved netter's anatomy cards. i used the netter neuro atlas and the haines atlas for neuro. both were worth my time and money (esp b/c i bummed the haines atlas from my bf :D)

I used my netter's atlas for anatomy and neuroanatomy...I didn't buy the netter's flash cards because I thought they were expensive. :luck: