Neuro Shelf and UWorld/Amboss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDummyAccount

Reaction score
Just started my neurology rotation, and my clerkship director claims that every year, he sees students fail the shelf exam because they only use practice questions to study. He swears reading the textbook cover to cover (literally stressed "in its entirety") is the only way to do well on the exam. Am I correct in assuming this is antiquated thinking, and Uworld/Amboss are perfectly fine resources to score well? He made it seem like this shelf was the most difficult one, save maybe for surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

I almost exclusively used Uworld to study for the neuro shelf and got a 92. N=1, but i think that shelf is actually better suited to uworld studying than most others.

Reactions: 3 users
I was told this on my OB rotation and I got >90 on the shelf only using UWise lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I almost exclusively used Uworld to study for the neuro shelf and got a 92. N=1, but i think that shelf is actually better suited to uworld studying than most others.
Excellent news. Did you finish the clinical neuro bank in its entirety?