neuroanat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much of it should be known.
is histo very important.
thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I read "Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple" in place of Kaplan's enormously long neuro section. I also read the neuropathology section of BRS Path.

The level of detail required for neuroanatomy isn't too detailed. Most people, including myself, only got MRI images with questions describing a particular disease and then asking you to locate where the lesion was. However, there is always the possibility of getting some pathway questions.

Histology is important, but the number of questions asked varies tremendously from individual to individual. I had quite a few histology questions (60/40 split on easy to hard questions). One of my friends didn't get a single histology question. The answer choices are usually A-J or something like that.

Good luck!

what book did you refer for histo and one more question where to study for cell biology.how many questions maximum can we get in these subjects.is kaplan cell biology enough.
how are the questions in histo, is it histopathoq's.
sorry lot of questions.
goodluck to you on a great score.

I studied the histo stuff in Kaplan. That's about it.

The cell biology section of Kaplan's home study program was pretty good. If you do the Kaplan home study program, then that should be enough.

The histology questions that I got were identifying structures. I'm sure a lot of the pathology questions were also double-dipped with histology.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had only 1-2 questions on neuro, and it made be think why i had bothered to study that material in the first place! i reviewed High Yield by Fix; anything more than that may be inefficient. -s.

I had 3-4 questions on the brachial plexus alone. Feel like I keep giving out the same advice for every subject, but just know what's in First Aid and you should be good. First aid is best bang for your buck in terms of studying time. You might have questions that weren't in first aid, but the amount of time and the number of pages in different books that you'd have to read in order to get those questions makes guessing based on impressions a better idea. When you are studying first aid, keep telling yourself that everything in first aid IS going to be on your test and therefore you should know it, whereas everything in every other book might be on your test and therefore you might want to study it.