Neurobiology while in undergrad a must for dschool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DentistDMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is taking a neurobiology a must for predents in your opinion in terms of preparation for Dschool?

Also, here's a quite informative youtube video regarding neurogenesis, if anyone's interested.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollxRamUwTE[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

Is taking a neurobiology a must for predents in your opinion in terms of preparation for Dschool?

Also, here's a quite informative youtube video regarding neurogenesis, if anyone's interested.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollxRamUwTE[/YOUTUBE]

that's my youtube video....i'm the one talking in it. i did it for my neural systems class and it was the basis of my recent publication....."regulation of adult neurogenesis by behavior and age in the AOB" molecular and cellular neuroscience

wow...............really? no joke? seriously?

Edit: I didn't know you had accents.

Members don't see this ad :)

[YOUTUBE]ollxRamUwTE[/YOUTUBE]

that's my youtube video....i'm the one talking in it. i did it for my neural systems class and it was the basis of my recent publication....."regulation of adult neurogenesis by behavior and age in the AOB" molecular and cellular neuroscience

This is so stupid (and disturbing). Vivi, I saw your earlier thread that got deleted about the OP so I know you've had issues with him before. Take your picture off of your avatar, put DentistDMD on your ignore list, and PM the mods if you care that much.

Sir, hate the game, not the player.

wow...............really? no joke? seriously?

no joke....my jaw dropped when i saw you posted it. so flattered, considering even YOU called it interesting. my major is neuro and my research lab is in the neuro dept...for BSCI446 i had to make a youtube video for my final project so i did it on my research/honors thesis. if you don't believe me, look up the paper online and you'll notice in the video alexia talks about the research by herself and victoria.

I think vivipredent likes the attention.

This is so stupid (and disturbing). Vivi, I saw your earlier thread that got deleted about the OP so I know you've had issues with him before. Take your picture off of your avatar, put DentistDMD on your ignore list, and PM the mods if you care that much.

i was simply shocked that my youtube video project ended up on the thread....regardless of who posted it....but yeah i'll take my pic off. good idea.

Congrats! Are you at NIH? I am doing a research project in sensory neuroscience. My work studies and characterize the molecular mechanisms underlying hair cell and supporting cell specification and differentiation.

Congrats! Are you at NIH? I am doing a research project in sensory neuroscience. My work studies and characterize the molecular mechanisms underlying hair cell and supporting cell specification and differentiation.

That's awesome!! :) no i'm not at NIH but i'm close--at umd just around the beltway in a lab on campus....how long have you been at NIH?!

That's awesome!! :) no i'm not at NIH but i'm close--at umd just around the beltway in a lab on campus....how long have you been at NIH?!

I am doing this project at Hopkins. I did internship at NIH couple summers back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am doing this project at Hopkins. I did internship at NIH couple summers back.

"BIO 19
GC 18
OC 20
RC 17 (Physics passage ruined my AA)
QR 21
PAT 19

TS 19
AA 19"

Well I expect better scores from someone doing research at Johns Hopkins.... just my opinion...

Anyway, impressive work, vivipredent!:thumbup:

"BIO 19
GC 18
OC 20
RC 17 (Physics passage ruined my AA)
QR 21
PAT 19

TS 19
AA 19"

Well I expect better scores from someone doing research at Johns Hopkins.... just my opinion...

Anyway, impressive work, vivipredent!:thumbup:

I want to see your scores Mr. Smarty Pants. Please mind your own business.

I want to see your scores Mr. Smarty Pants. Please mind your own business.
How in the world did you get a research position at Hopkins with that attitude? just curious...

I hope you don't say "please mind your own business" to your research mentor.

Good for her. I am assuming a post-doc position.

no no she's a PI...she got her own lab there...we were sad to see her go.. VERY bright. as i'm sure you are as well, regardless of DentistDMD's opinion. good luck to you this cycle!

no no she's a PI...she got her own lab there...we were sad to see her go.. VERY bright. as i'm sure you are as well, regardless of DentistDMD's opinion. good luck to you this cycle!

You too, we might become future classmates.

How in the world did you get a research position at Hopkins with that attitude? just curious...

potkettle_small.jpg

flyingforever, have you published any papers yet, like ViviPredent has? Or were you just washing the beakers?

I have underestimated you vivi. But did you do research just for dschool?

I have underestimated you vivi. But did you do research just for dschool?

i've been researching for nearly two and a half years now....if it was just for dschool, i would have done a semester or summer stint, put it on my resume and called it a day

For my other study, I am seeking migraine patients. I pay you. I think you need some money.
I'm sorry sir. I only consider requests from qualified individuals, not from some "mind your own business" type people.:laugh:

i've been researching for nearly two and a half years now....if it was just for dschool, i would have done a semester or summer stint, put it on my resume and called it a day
Awesome. You should consider getting DDS/Ph.D and continue with the research.

Sorry, you don't qualify for my study. You are a special case.

He is a very special boy indeed.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320235602/uncyclopedia/images/f/f8/******ed_fat_cartoon_guy.jpg

He is a very special boy indeed.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320235602/uncyclopedia/images/f/f8/******ed_fat_cartoon_guy.jpg
img url = http .://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320235602/uncyclopedia/images/f/f8/******ed_fat_cartoon_guy.jpg :laugh:

kittysquared, I didn't know you also made a video....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.