Neurology and Military Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LauraDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me again still debating my choices, right now I'm seriously thinking about going into neurology, wondering if anyone has done an army scholarship that has specialized in this field and what your experiences were like in residency and beyond

Members don't see this ad.

and Navy?

opps sorry, yes and Navy, I was an Army brat growing up so, freudian slip, I think my Father trained me to say army when I mean military just like people say kleneex when they mean tissue

Me again still debating my choices, right now I'm seriously thinking about going into neurology, wondering if anyone has done an army scholarship that has specialized in this field and what your experiences were like in residency and beyond

I pm'd you.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, navy neurology, any of the services

pm&r too if anyone is up for it

looked into this a little this year in the Navy and this was the info I got last year...

For the first time in a while one person was allowed to train in PM&R starting in 2009. Don't know anything about this person, but it was a full time out of service residency. Also do not know if anyone else applied. There is an Army program at Walter Reede, but I don't know much about it other than it exists.

Neurology in the Navy allows usually only one person to train per year, but this year will allow two. both had done at least one GMO tour and they accepted no interns. you need to do a medicine (or equivlant) internship. first and apply as a PGY-2. If you do an internship in something else--transitional, psych, surgery you will need to make up the IM/neuro months before starting and can do this after a GMO tour. Don't know much about the program itself either, but its also at Walter Reed with the Army...know nothing about their stats/program.

Thanks, I am actually more interested in the Army Neurology programs. Anyone have more info on those?​