Neurology jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a PGY3 Neuro resident, looking for a job in 2011. I need some help, where to start? where to find jobs ads? use a recruiter or no? I hear that using a recruiter is free, but you will get a lower salary. Any thoughts? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. Yes I get 100 emails a day. But i do not want to go with recruiters for now

Members don't see this ad :)
The other way is to Google all medical facilities in area of your interest and call them one by one. Sometimes you get surprised by what you find.

The other option would be to subscribe to Google Alert Service (www.google.com/alerts) for example put "neurology, job, TX" Any new post on the Internet will be emailed to you. It is mixed of unrelated and related subjects but it is a very good and free. Sometimes very good stuff.

The Professional website like AAN, Neurophysiology , movements and etc is another good resources.

To clarify, indeed.com, is just a search engine and you can still find jobs directly advertised by the employer.

Last edited:
Thank you. That's helpful

good luck.. i'm job hunting for a neurointensivist position after i finish my fellowship in 2011

It is an excellent idea to start the search now, interview in the fall and hopefully have something signed by 1/1/11. It can take up to 6 months to get credentialed with all the various insurers, hospitals, etc.