Neuropsych PP Postdoc Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With respect to didactics, I know some sites send folks to med centers for rounds and other didactics, and sometimes have the fellow present. I've also heard of people being sent to workshops/courses, like the annual Marquette neuroanatomy course, funded by the fellowship program. Do you have externs? The fellow could also get some supervision experience, which is being increasingly valued by accrediting bodies.

I don't know if you will find much in the way of a "standard," unfortunately. I had experiences with a handful of APPCN sites during the fellowship search process, and the quality/quantity of didactics was unexpectedly diverse. Ranging from flat out weak (their words, not mine) to multiple opportunities on a regular basis. And these are all supposedly programs tailored to ABPP-CN requirements. You see where I'm going with this. In any case, you'll want to survey people in different settings.

Reactions: 1 user