Neuropsychology Postdoc LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wv7887

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so I apologize for the redundancy if it has. I am wondering what your opinion is on having a LOR for a neuropsych postdoc that is written by the training director (whom I don't work with directly) incorporating comments from multiple supervisors in the rotations that I am working in ? This would be in contrast to having a letter that is written by one supervisor. One of my supervisors suggested this option, which she said has been used with prior interns, since we have only been working together for 2 months; however, she said she could still provide a strong letter if I only wish to have her provide one. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise against this. Joint letters from supervisors are fine, but I'd be wary of letters from anyone other than a primary source. For a neuropsychology postdoc, you would also want the reference(s) to be from an internship neuropsych supervisor.